In ProFuturo we strongly believe that digital education is one of the most powerful tools to transform the world. No child should be deprived of their right to education, regardless of the situation they live. That is the reason why, we adapted our digital education programme to provide refugee children with quality education and the skills they need to shape the tomorrow they deserve.
About the partnership
Location: Rwanda, Zimbabwe, Nigeria.
At the start of 2021, the ProFuturo Foundation partnered with UNHCR to help improve the quality of education for refugee and host community students, encouraging student participation in the classroom, improving student enrolment and retention, and enhancing the use of digital tools and online platforms for teachers.
In 2021, the ProFuturo digital education programme was implemented in 15 schools in Rwanda, including the provision of technology (such as computers, tablets, routers, chargers, and projectors), an educational content platform, as well as a training and capacity-building program for more than 300 national teachers.
Additionally, ProFuturo Foundation supported the construction and provision of equipment for three Information and communications technology classrooms.
In 2022, Profuturo launched its digital education programme in Zimbabwe and Nigeria to further strengthen their support of refugee education.
Impact at a glance
- More than 29,000 students and 600 teachers in 24 schools will benefit from this programme in Rwanda, Zimbabwe and Nigeria.
- In Rwanda, the digital education programme is implemented in 15 schools, reaching more than 17,000 primary students and 370 teachers.
- In Zimbabwe, the digital education programme is implemented in 4 schools, benefitting 6,033 primary students and 124 teachers.
- In Nigeria, the digital education programme is implemented in 5 schools, reaching 3,071 primary students and expecting to increase the number of re-enrolling children to school.
Sustainable Development Goals in focus
- SDG4 Quality Education
- SDG10 Reduced Inequalities
- SDG17 Partnerships for the Goals
If you are interested in exploring a partnership with UNHCR, please contact us at [email protected]