Refugees and stateless persons Resolutions of 10 September 1951
A REPORT OF THE UNITED NATIONS HIGH COMMISSIONER FOR REFUGEES TO THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY
The Economic and Social Council1
1. Takes note of the report of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees;2 and
2. Commends him for the progress made in organizing his Office.
B ESTABLISHMENT OF AN ADVISORY COMMITTEE ON REFUGEES3
The Economic and Social Council,
Having taken note of resolution 428 (V) adopted by the General Assembly on 14 December 1950, of the Statute of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees annexed thereto (in particular chapter 1, paragraph 4, of the Statute), and of the views of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees,
1. Decides to establish an advisory committee to be known as the " United Nations High Commissioner's Advisory Committee on Refugees ", to advise the High Commissioner at his request in the exercise of his functions;
2. Decides to invite the following fifteen States, Members and non-members of the United Nations, to be represented on the Advisory Committee: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Denmark, the Federal Republic of Germany, France, Israel, Italy, Switzerland, Turkey, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the United States of America, the Vatican City, and Venezuela; and
3. Decides to review the composition of the Committee at the next session of the Council
1 See 544th meeting of the Council.
2 See documents E/2036 and E/2036/Add.1.
3 The members of the Committee were designated at the 562nd meeting of the Council.