UNHCR’s greatest asset is our workforce. We work with passionate, talented and creative individuals who want to use their skills for good. Thanks to people like you, we can develop solutions that enable people who have been forced to flee to restart their lives and build better futures.
Please note that UNHCR does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Vacancies in the Region
UNHCR Bosnia and Herzegovina: Call for applications for General Service positions – Group 2 candidates
This is an open call for applications for UNHCR Group 2 candidates for General Service positions. Successfully screened candidates will be given access to apply to internally advertised GS positions with UNHCR Bosnia and Herzegovina.
What is Group 2?
UNHCR uses candidate groups in the recruitment for General Service positions. Group 2 is a candidate pool consisting of people who fall under the categories below, with one year of continuous or cumulative service in UNHCR/UN1 in the country of the vacancy.
- • Current2 locally recruited UNHCR staff members holding a Temporary Appointment
• Former locally recruited UNHCR staff members who held an indefinite or fixed-term appointment (within 2 years of separation for males and 5 years for females).
• National United Nations Volunteers currently working for UNHCR.
• National UNOPS and Individual Contractors currently working for UNHCR.
• Current UNHCR General Service staff members holding an indefinite or fixed-term appointment applying to a position two grades above the staff member’s personal grade.
• Current UNHCR staff members in the International Professional category holding an indefinite or fixed-term appointment.
• Current UNHCR National Professional Officers holding an indefinite or fixed-term appointment.
• Current locally recruited female staff members from other UN system organizations holding the equivalent of an indefinite or fixed-term appointment.
Group 2 status is valid for three years, during which candidates will be given access to apply for internal UNHCR Bosnia and Herzegovina GS vacancies.
How to get into Group 2:
Interested candidates should submit their general application to this call for applications by e-mail to [email protected] Candidates who do not currently hold indefinite, fixed-term or temporary appointment with UNHCR are required to fill out and submit the Personal History Form while current UNHCR staff members are required to submit their UNHCR Fact Sheets only.
Please include “Application for Group 2 status – UNHCR Bosnia and Herzegovina” in the subject of your email.
- Cumulative experience can also be a combination of categories. Breaks in service of three months or less do not impact
the qualifying period.
- Current means at the time of application for the open call.
Following review of your application, you will be notified by email once your Group 2 status is confirmed.
What are the other Groups?
Candidates for vacancy announcements in the GS category are divided in Group 1, Group 2 and external candidates. Group 1 consists of current GS staff members in UNHCR who hold an indefinite or fixed-term appointment, and are granted priority consideration in the recruitment/assignment process. Group 2 are candidates mentioned above. External candidates are all other candidates who do not fall under Group 1 and Group 2.
For any additional clarification or questions you may have, please send an e-mail to the Group 2 functional e-mail box (e-mail address same as above).
We look forward to receiving your candidature.