UNHCR’s greatest asset is our workforce. We work with passionate, talented and creative individuals who want to use their skills for good. Thanks to people like you, we can develop solutions that enable people who have been forced to flee to restart their lives and build better futures.
Vacancy Announcement no. 12/2017
Position Title: External Relations Associate
Contractual Status/Position Grade: LICA
Duty Station: Manila
Reports To: Head of National Office
Date Issued: 15 May 2017
Closing Date: 29 May 2017
- UNHCR has the most relevant and updated information on funding opportunities in the country and are able to access them.
- External contacts are generally with a broad range of officials from national and international institutions, media or general public involving the exchange of a wide range of information.
- External Relations Associate liaises with donor organizations in preparation of proposals and reports submission.
- UNHCR Country Office establishes and manages external relations activities in the country to protect, assist and find durable solutions for all persons of concern.
- Provide background briefings to local and international media.
- Keep track of evolving issues concerning persons of concern to be able to suggest stories and topics for the media to cover.
- Provide daily briefings on local developments to the Head of Office and ensure that briefing materials from other offices are available.
- Accompany visits of foreign delegations and the media to refugee sites in the region, giving appropriate briefings, commentaries and prepare briefing material for visitors.
- Establish contacts with local organisations to promote general interest and understanding of refugee issues
- Ensure that the office is kept informed of local developments which may have a political or operational impact on the office’s activities.
- May be required to compile information and SitReps received from the Field Offices and/or sections within the Office and consolidate into weekly/monthly/quarterly report.
- Advise the Head of Office of local aspects of external relations policies.
- Assist Programme unit in preparation of project proposals and donor reporting.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Liaise with external partners and local organizations on behalf of UNHCR.
- Produce reports and briefings for internal and external partners.
- Innovation and Creativity
- Analytical Thinking
- Political Awareness
- Completion of Secondary education with certificate/training in Political or Social Sciences, International Relations, Journalism, Communication or other related fields.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant work experience.
- Computer and IT skills (MS Office, website preparation etc.).
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language.
The advertised position is open to Filipino nationals only.
Please email your Motivation Letter, Curriculum Vitae, and P.11 in a confidential cover marked “ VN-12 Application for the post of External Relations Associate” to: PHIMAVAC@unhcr.org.
Only applicants meeting minimum requirements will be short-listed for written test and interview.
Application will not be acknowledged. Only the successful candidate will be notified of the outcome of the selection process.