1. Private Sector Partnerships Unit
Private sector fundraising and partnerships enable UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, to extend the scope of its advocacy, awareness-raising and resource mobilization for refugees, internally displaced families, and stateless persons. UNHCR engages individual donors to support our mandate to provide life-saving assistance, protect the well-being, safeguard the rights and build better future of people forced to flee their homes due to wars, violence and persecution.
The selected intern/s will be based in UNHCR Philippines’ office in Makati City.
UNHCR Philippines’ Private Sector Partnerships Unit is looking for the following intern:
A. Communications Intern
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Support the Private Sector Partnerships (PSP) Unit in implementing and managing fundraising strategies;
2. Produce content for digital donor acquisition and engagement;
3. Produce content for donor communications;
4. Develop content for social media;
5. Assist in the implementation of fundraising and communications campaigns;
6. Assist in content production across all communication platforms;
7. Research and monitor trends in digital fundraising, social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy;
8. Perform other tasks as necessary; and
9. Ensure that all content production and development adheres to UNHCR Brand Guidelines.
Qualifications and Experience:
The ideal candidate will:
–Hold a university degree or a background in Management, Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Communication Arts, Advertising, or other related field;
–Be available for 40 hours per week for a three-month period;
–Be a strong communicator with advanced writing skills and fluency in English;
–Have strong organizing and project management skills;
–Have the ability to quickly understand instructions, asks for clarification when needed, adapt and work independently to produce results on time; and
–Be proficient in standard MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
–Be proficient in video editing and video content production;
–Have design and document formatting skills. Experience using Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign are essential.
Desirable Qualifications and Competencies
–Knowledge of the UN system, procedures, and processes;
–Experience in working with a non-profit organization; and
–Experience of working in a humanitarian context would be an advantage.
At least 90 days
UNHCR Philippines – Manila Office
How to Apply:
Please send your complete application, including your resume, cover letter, and application forms to email@example.com and note in the subject line: “Application: PSP Intern – Communications”. Only qualified interns will be contacted. Please send your applications by 23 April 2018, Monday.
You will be contacted only if UNHCR wishes to pursue your application. If you are not selected and are interested in future internship opportunities please re-apply.
Rules and Regulations
Although interns are neither “staff members” nor “officials” within the meaning of the Convention on Privileges and Immunities of the United Nations of 13 February 1946, he/ she shall observe all applicable rules, regulations, instructions, procedures and directives of the Organization.