About the partnership
Locations: Bangladesh, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Myanmar, Somalia, Syria and Yemen
One of the breakthrough agreements signed with Qatar Charity in 2018 is funding our Zakat programme with US$10 million for the provision of cash assistance for vulnerable Syrian refugees in Lebanon and Jordan.
Impact at a glance
- 1.4 one million refugees and internally displaced people have benefitted from Qatar Charity’s contributions.
- Over US$47 million contributed to UNHCR’s operations globally.
- The partnership has helped provide basic assistance, cash assistance, infrastructure, WASH and core relief items.
Sustainable Development Goals in focus
- SDG1 No Poverty
- SDG3 Good Health and Well-being
- SDG6 Clean Water and Sanitation
- SDG10 Reduced Inequality
- SDG17 Partnerships to achieve the Goals