The UPS Foundation
The UNHCR-UPS partnership has evolved to become one of our model partnerships. We have our experts on mission engaged in the field, and also our senior UPS leadership engaged on as well.
About the partnership
Locations: Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia, Bangladesh and elsewhere
Since 2010, the UPS Foundation partnership with UNHCR has changed the lives of refugees around the world. UPS offers its expertise and financial resources to:
- provide logistical training to help UNHCR’s partners improve their response and delivery of supplies during an emergency
- create an ‘emergency fund’ that UNHCR can activate at any time to respond to a disaster or complex emergency, in order to provide for essential life-sustaining relief supplies
- be the lead stand-by partner for UNHCR’s global response efforts, providing life-saving assistance to stricken communities within hours.
- provide loaned logistics experts to help enhance UNHCR supply chain division shipment tracking capabilities
Impact at a glance
- The multi-faceted partnership with UPS has enhanced UNHCR’s ability to provide effective transport, logistics, supply and emergency response solutions
- UNHCR and UPS are therefore able to deliver efficient humanitarian support to refugees and displaced people across the globe
If you are interested in exploring a partnership with UNHCR, please contact us at [email protected].