Fraud is any act or omission with the objective of intentionally misleading another in order to obtain a benefit.
All UNHCR services are free of charge. This includes access to our offices, interviews, as well as access to all assistance services provided by UNHCR. You have a right to access all stages of the UNHCR assistance provision procedures without any discrimination and without any payment in cash or in kind. Do not trust anyone or any organization asking you to pay for the services of UNHCR or its partners.
If anyone offers you UNHCR services in exchange for money, these individuals DO NOT represent UNHCR and are frauds. For valid information about UNHCR Iran’s work and services, please consult UNHCR’s Help page and/or the Instagram account, or contact us directly.
Report fraudsters who are offering you resettlement, financial or other kinds of assistance, fake documents or fake claims in exchange for money or other favours. These offers may be made to you in person or via social media, including Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, WhatsApp, Viber and Telegram.
People who tell you such lies are seeking to take advantage of your situation. Avoid them at all costs. They may show you information to persuade you that they are connected to UNHCR. Do not believe them. Those persons are only after your money. Be alert and don’t get defrauded. Remember, UNHCR services are free of charge!
- You can complain verbally by calling a UNHCR hotline
- You can email complaint to UNHCR Iran at [email protected]
- You can put your complaint in a Complaint Box. Complaints Boxes are available at the gate of all UNHCR reception centers across the country.
- You can submit your complaint preferably in a sealed envelope, to be delivered to UNHCR by hand or mail at this address: UNHCR Iran (Protection Section)– No. 3, East Emdad Street, Shiraz Ave., Vanak, Tehran, Islamic Republic of Iran.
- UNHCR takes seriously all complaints and follows up on each individually.
- Please note that filing a complaint will not in any way impact your case with UNHCR.
- Complaints may be anonymous.
- In your complaint, please provide facts and evidence known to you.
- All communication with UNHCR is kept confidential!
What is corruption? It is offering, giving, receiving or soliciting (directly or indirectly) anything of value to influence improperly the actions of another party.
What is sexual exploitation? It is any actual or attempted abuse of any position of vulnerability, for sexual purposes. Sexual exploitation and abuse is unacceptable behaviour and prohibited for all United Nations and NGO partners’ staff members.
If you have information about UNHCR staff, or staff of UNHCR partners or contractors, being involved in corruption, exploitation (including sexual exploitation), fraud, or sexual abuse report it immediately and directly to
- Email: [email protected]
- Online complaint form: https://www.unhcr.org/igo-complaints.html
- Confidential fax: +41 22 739 7380
- Mail: UNHCR, 94 Rue de Montbrillant, 1202 Geneva, Switzerland
All communication with the IGO is kept confidential.