UNHCR Lebanon currently has 35 partners: 17 national NGOs, 13 international NGOs, three United Nations agencies, and two governmental partners.
All partners were selected in line with UNHCR’s policy on the selection and retention of partners for Project Partnership Agreements (PPAs), to ensure that UNHCR identifies the best-fit partners for project implementation in a given operation, in order to provide quality protection and assistance to refugees and other persons of concern. UNHCR offices, through a multi-functional team approach, undertake adequate due diligence and conduct the process of selection/retention of partners in an objective, consistent, transparent and timely manner.
In line with UNHCR’s Enhanced Framework for Implementing with Partners, UNHCR launched a “Partner Portal” in 2016. The Partner Portal is a web-based, innovative and interactive tool for enhanced communication between UNHCR and partners on project partnerships. All partners or prospective partners of UNHCR are requested to register through the Partner Portal in order to get updates on UNHCR’s policy, procedures and guidance relating to partner implementation, to inform UNHCR about their organizations, to participate in calls for expression of interest for projects, and/or to enter into partnerships with UNHCR. Further details on the Partner Portal can be found at partner.unhcr.org.
UNHCR’s partners work in different locations, covering Beirut, Mount Lebanon, Bekaa, South and North. They cover different sectors, such as Protection, Child protection, SGBV, Health, Education, Basic assistance, Energy and water, Livelihoods, WASH, Social stability, and Shelter.
Overview of 2019 partners
- ABAAD – Resource Center for Gender Equality
- American Lebanese Language Center
- American University of Beirut
- Amel Association – Lebanese Association for Popular Action
- Al Nahda Wal Aadala
- Caritas Lebanon
- Himaya – Pour l’innocence en danger
- KAFA – Enough Violence & Exploitation
- Makhzoumi Foundation
- Relief and Humanitarian Aid Organization
- René Moawad Foundation
- Restart – Centre for Rehabilitation of Victims of Violence and Torture
- Ruwad Houkouk Association – Frontiers Rights
- SAWA Group
- Social, Humanitarian, Economical Intervention for Local Development (SHEILD)
- Union of Relief and Development Aid (URDA)
- University Saint Joseph
- Comitato Internazionale per lo Sviluppo dei Populi (CISP)
- Concern Worldwide, Ireland
- Danish Refugee Council, Denmark
- International Orthodox Christian Charities, USA
- International Rescue Committee, USA
- INTERSOS, Italy
- Medair, Switzerland
- Relief International
- Save the Children International
- World Vision International
- World Learning