Internship – Public Information
Location: UNHCR Berlin, Public Information Unit
Duration: Minimum 3 months, ideally 6 months
Remuneration: Approximately EUR 800/month
Expected starting date: 1 September 2019
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is an international organisation with the mandate to protect refugees and stateless persons worldwide. UNHCR works with States, civil society organisations and other actors in 128 countries. The public information unit of UNHCR’s Berlin office seeks to sensitise the German public about the refugee situation worldwide, and in Germany. We talk to the press in interviews and background talks, are engaged in public events and interact via social media. Connecting with persons who may not ordinarily be interested in the plight of refugees is very important to us.
Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the external relations team, you will assume the following duties:
- Check the net: It is your task to monitor relevant social media channels, analyse traffic and alert the office on relevant trends
- Get the people: Find ways to broaden the audience on social media for UNHCR Germany – there are no limits to your creativity
- Provide support: assist the executive office in preparing for external engagements
- Extensive knowledge of social media engagement
- Minimum of two years of University studies in a relevant academic field (communications, journalism, etc.)
- German mother tongue with excellent English
- Solid drafting skills and creative articulation
- Experience in working with influencers highly desirable
We offer the opportunity to learn from leading experts in refugee protection in the heart of Berlin Mitte.
Send your CV and motivation letter to [email protected] before 20 August 2019, indicating ‘PI Internship’ and your family name in the subject line.