Open call for applications – Group 2
Open Call for Applications
UNHCR Group 2 candidates for General Service position
What is Group 2?
UNHCR uses candidate groups in the recruitment for General Service positions. Group 2 is a candidate pool consisting of people who fall under the categories below, with one year of continuous or cumulative service in UNHCR/UN in the country of the vacancy.
• Current locally recruited UNHCR staff members holding a Temporary Appointment
• Former locally recruited UNHCR staff members who held an indefinite or fixed-term appointment (within 2 years of separation for males and 5 years for females).
• National United Nations Volunteers (UNVs) currently working for UNHCR.
• National UNOPS and Individual Contractors currently working for UNHCR.
• Current UNHCR General Service (GS) staff members, holding an indefinite or fixed-term appointment applying to a position two grades above the staff member’s personal grade.
• Current UNHCR staff members in the International Professional category holding an indefinite or fixed-term appointment.
• Current UNHCR National Professional Officers (NPO) holding an indefinite or fixed-term appointment.
• Current locally recruited female staff members from other UN system organizations holding the equivalent of an indefinite or fixed-term appointment.
Group 2 status is valid for three years, during which candidates will be given access to apply for internal UNHCR Iran GS vacancies.”
How to get into Group 2:
Interested candidates should submit their general application to this call for applications. Please download and fill out the Personal History Form and submit it to [email protected] with subject line “Group 2 Application”. Upon successful screening, a written confirmation will be sent via [email protected] to the applicant mentioning the duration of Group 2 status.
What are the other Groups?
Candidates for vacancy announcements in the GS category are divided in Group 1, Group 2 and external candidates. Group 1 consists of current GS staff members in UNHCR who hold an indefinite or fixed-term appointment, and are granted priority consideration in the recruitment/assignment process. Group 2 are candidates mentioned above and are granted access to apply internally advertised positions. External candidates are all other candidates who do not fall under Group 1 and Group 2.
NO Closing Date