UNHCR RRNE is looking to hire a consultant with solid experience with integration to support the development and implementation of the RRNE integration strategic plan from 15 August 2018 to 31 December 2018.
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is a global organisation dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities and stateless people. Every year, millions of men, women and children are forced to flee their homes to escape conflict and persecution. UNHCR teams are present in 128 countries, working hard to help the displaced, specializing in a wide range of disciplines, including legal protection, administration, community services, public affairs and health.
The UNHCR Regional Representation for Northern Europe (RRNE) is based in Stockholm, Sweden and is covering eight countries: Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway and Sweden. Under the RRNE multi-year protection and solutions strategy 2018-2022, integration is identified as one of five key priority areas for the office. Significant results in this area have already been achieved: A strategic plan for integration has been developed and partnerships and alliances with key actors – including cities, private sector and line ministries – have been built, creating a momentum to start implementation.
RRNE’s vision is that all beneficiaries of international protection benefit from policies and practices that promote and facilitate integration. The strategic objectives are to ensure that all countries in the region have a holistic and human-rights-based approach to integration, that integration policies are implemented with adequate funding, and that all relevant stakeholders are capacitated to ensure high-quality delivery of integration services. Working towards achieving these objectives, RRNE advocates, convenes, catalyzes initiatives, builds capacity and identifies and cross-fertilizes good practices.
UNHCR RRNE is looking to hire a consultant with solid experience with integration to support the development and implementation of the RRNE integration strategic plan from 15 August 2018 to 31 December 2018. There is a possibility that the contract may be extended until 01 June 2019.
The integration consultant will be part of the RRNE integration team and work closely with country experts. He/she will be crucial in driving the development and implementation of the RRNE integration strategic plan with a special focus on the Baltics. He/she will be expected to be able to represent RRNE externally and to “hit the ground running”.
- Provide expertise and technical support to RRNE on integration work in the Baltics, including provide comments on policy documents and key developments, and develop advocacy messages as requested;
- Support monitoring of integration-related developments in the Baltics, including through attending relevant integration coordination meetings, building alliances and staying in touch with key stakeholders, representing RRNE in relevant integration events, etc.;
- Develop integration toolbox, including integration country-briefs for the Baltics;
- Support the roll-out of planned integration capacity-building and cross-fertilization activities for various stakeholders in the Baltics;
- Develop and conduct initiatives to support internal capacity building on integration;
- Provide any other support as required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrates integrity by upholding the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNHCR;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, national and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Treats all people fairly without favouritism.
- Excellent writing, editing and communications skills in English, additional relevant language skills is an advantage;
- Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to promote collaboration and consensus building;
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to multi-task.
Minimum Requirements, Qualifications and Experience
- A graduate level-degree in a relevant field (e.g. social science, refugee issues) and a minimum of five years relevant professional work experience, including a minimum of two years of relevant experience working on integration in a context comparable to Northern Europe.
- Experience in the delivery of integration trainings or other capacity building initiatives as well as conducting integration-related research is an asset.
Contractual arrangement and salary
According to standard UN contracts for consultants or affiliate workforce.
Must be available for travel within the region.
Closing date: 15 July 2018