UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, provides comprehensive data and statistics on forced displacement, both regarding specific operations, the global situation and populations of forcibly displaced people. The material is available for staff, governments, partners, other humanitarian and development stakeholders, academia and the public. In addition, UNHCR publishes a number of reports – sometimes jointly with other organizations and partners – which are important tools in advocacy and awareness raising.
Figures at a Glance
Statistical Resources and Data Portals
- UNHCR’s Global Appeal is published annually and presents UNHCR’s estimated financial needs in order to help and protect the persons of concern under its mandate
- Global Resettlement Needs – UNHCR publishes each year a report with the projected global needs for resettlement
- The report “Mapping of protection services for vulnerable people on the move, including victims of trafficking”, UNHCR maps the situation for asylum-seekers, refugees and migrants as they travel along the routes in Northern Africa towards the Mediterranean and the Atlantic Oceans (July 2022)
- ”Staying the Course: The Challenges Facing Refugee Education” is UNHCR’s latest report on refugee education (September 2021)
- The UNHCR-Mixed Migration Center report “On this journey no one cares if you live or dies” looks at the abuse and protection along the routes from East and West Africa to the Mediterranean (from August 2020)
- “Families Together” is a UNHCR-report on family reunification for refugees in the European Union (from February 2019)
- ”This is our home” – a report providing key findings on the situation for – and the experiences stigmatization and persecution – of stateless minorities (November 2017)
- Factsheet on Refugee and Migrant Arrivals to Europe via the Mediterranean (2021)
- Factsheet on Resettlement to Europe (2020)
- Factsheet on Refugee and Migrant Children in Europe (2021), published jointly with IOM and UNICEF, providing statistics and trends on both accompanied, unaccompanied and separated minors, arriving in Europe.
- Refugee Voices on Integration in Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania: Results from the survey and profiling exercise (2021) full report and summary report
- UNHCR’s Global Action Plan to End Statelessness, 2014-2024, 10 Actions which need to be undertaken to end statelessness by 2024.