UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, provides comprehensive data and statistics on forced displacement, both regarding specific operations, the global situation and populations of forcibly displaced people. The material is available for staff, governments, partners, other humanitarian and development stakeholders, academia and the public. In addition, UNHCR publishes a number of reports – sometimes jointly with other organizations and partners – which are important tools in advocacy and awareness raising.
Statistical Resources and Data Portals
- UNHCR’s Global Report is published annually, providing a comprehensive overview of UNHCR’s operations, activities, expenditures and results
- UNHCR’s Global Appeal is published annually and presents UNHCR’s estimated financial needs in order to help and protect the persons of concern under its mandate
- Global Resettlement Needs – UNHCR publishes each year a report with the projected global needs for resettlement
- The report ”Desperate Journeys” provides an overview on the situation in the Mediterranean Sea and arrivals to Europe (latest edition from October 2019)
- ”Stepping Up – Refugee Education in Crisis” is UNHCR’s latest report on refugee education (August 2019)
- ”This is our home” – a report providing key findings on the situation for – and the experiences stigmatization and persecution – of stateless minorities (November 2017)
- Factsheet on Refugee and Migrant Arrivals to Europe (2019)
- Factsheet on Resettlement to Europe (2019)
- Factsheet on Refugee and Migrant Children in Europe (2019), published jointly with IOM and UNICEF, providing statistics and trends on both accompanied, unaccompanied and seperated minors, arriving in Europe.
- UNHCR’s Global Action Plan to End Statelessness, 2014-2024, 10 Actions which need to be undertaken to end statelessness by 2024.